Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

It all started with the Big 'O'

I was 16 when I first held a Square Turner and a frying pan in my bare hands. On a hot and humid Summer of '97 in Manila, Philippines, my Grandmum asked me to make breakfast for all of us 4 siblings, my mum, Granpops and herself. I was that quite of a lazy kid and felt so pissed that my Grandmum asked me to do something I've never done before. She asked me to make one of her breakfast specialties: Spanish Tomato Omelette. (eggs, tomatoes, onions, minced garlic) One of the easiest, and should I say, best Omelettes my Grandmum makes. I was able to make the Omelette without any help from her, although I burned the garlic and onions. lol. Despite burning the darn Omelette, I still served it for breakfast. My mum was so pleased at what I did even so. And my grandma even gave me a blessing for doing a great job. The Big-'O' experience has made me realize one thing... that cooking and Patrick could make such a great tag team. Therefore I found my passion at the young age of 16.

As Padma Lakshmi would say: "Cook with all your HEART. Because cooking is CELEBRATION. and Food is LOVE."

I'm starting up this blog to share with all of you my passion. From recipes to good eats, restaurants and tips. Sharing your knowledge is also an option! Feel free to comment, share and express your ideas...

All hungry bloggers are welcome. besides, Hunger is the best SAUCE in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment