Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

The DOUGHNUT PLANT NYC







The Best Doughtnuts I've ever had!!! And I went crazy today since it was my Cheat Day!!! Doughnut Plant rocks my Sockies! Totally hidden in an unexpected location. The store is very simple and OLD. However, their doughnuts are great and they use only fresh and or organic ingredients. It is slightly on the pricey side. Each doughnut is $2 and above

Well, I'm happy to report that my commitment (I guess addiction would be a better word) to Doughnut Plant has finally paid off as I have come across a doughnut that is truly worthy of my weekly trek down to Essex & Grand.

I'm not crazy about coconut anything, so despite trying all their other doughnuts, I've always steered clear of the Plant's Coconut Cream doughnuts. Then, this past weekend, while on line at the Plant, I heard the owner recommending the Coconut Cream doughnuts to a customer, saying that they actually crack open their very own fresh coconuts when making these doughnuts.

The Coconut doughnut was AMAZING! I had devoured it by the time I made it to the corner and had I been just a bit more shameless, I would have headed back for seconds.

The doughnuts are square, coated with coconut shavings and filled with a coconut cream. The cream, which has the consistency and flavor of sweetened condensed milk oozes out when you bite into the corners and it keeps the entire doughnut nicely moist. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

and By the Way...Doughnut Plant is also serving cake style doughnuts, which, in my opinion, are as bad as the coconut cream is good... Just a FRIENDLY WARNING. ;)

My TOP 5 DOUGHNUT Recommends:

1. Coconut Doughnut
2. Tres Leches
3. Carrot Cake Doughnut
4. Valrhona Chocolate
5. PB&J Doughnut


The Doughnut Plant is located at 379 Grand Street
New York, NY 10002

it's just a 23 minute subway ride from Grand Central. Take the 4 Line down to Chalmers St. and transfer to the J Line all the way to Essex-Delancey.

No comments:

Post a Comment